Saturday, October 15, 2005

Trust God, my heart

Not all that glitters is gold
Not everything flashy is worth our fancy
For all we know, its attraction is but momentary
We should beware lest we miss out on the extraordinary

If a woman could give herself only once
May it be to the one who truly deserves the chance
She must guard her affections, take her time
Before she lets someone say, “You’re mine”

She can ask the Lord to give her eyes to really see
To go beyond the surface and see more clearly
The real treasure hidden inside of a man
That will outvalue everything another holds in his hand

So hush, my heart, and let wisdom be your friend
Let her walk with you through your journey’s end
Do not let the whisperings of the false mislead you

Trust God and wait to give you a love that’s true

5 comments:

kars said...

feeling ko para sa akin ang poem. hehehe. ",)

Olive Joy said...

ooooo. another poem! goody goody. glad to see the inner poet refuses to be silenced.

Beng said...

Hi Karina, that was my point.To make other single ladies claim this poemo for themselves. :-)

Hi Olive, the poet pops out every now and then. When this happens, I let the poet say her piece lest she nags me endlessly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....do i know what this means? --- jen

Beng said...

Hi Jen, maybe. :-) Don't worry, even I myself am grappling with the meaning of what I myself wrote.