Friday, September 30, 2005

Exodus

Days from now will be our exodus. The whole office will be transplanted from our Boni avenue corner Pinatubo location to another building in Mayon St, a stone’s throw away. There we, all 60 plus of us, will cram ourselves for the next six months while our 2-storey building is being converted to a 4-storey one. It’s just about the right time. We’re already bursting at the seams, with some staff in other departments almost elbowing each other while occupying their desk space.

Am I thrilled with the idea of temporary relocation? A part of me says, “no.” Moving out and setting up a work station somewhere else means work hours lost to setting up, fixing the files, figuring out where this-and-that is, among many other things. I am dreading the momentary disruption in my already otherwise tight work schedule. Besides I also have to grapple with walking at least 50 more steps than usual to and from Edsa where I get off and ride the bus.


But amidst all those minor problems, I know I should be excited. For one thing, I’d still serve the God I love through the publishing we do. For another, I’d still enjoy the warm company of brilliant, happy people I call my officemates. That is, see, talk to, and work with the best publishing professionals in the world(!). Together, as we endure the inconvenience of the temporary office, we’ll be joyfully anticipating the day we’ll move into our bigger, better building.

The Israelites had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years to reach the Promised Land. Compared to that, several months would seem just like a few minutes. They had to cross the Red Sea. While we, for the meantime, just have to cross Boni. So hand me the boxes and let the exodus begin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we always say, "pag may hirap, may ginhawa."

bijoi said...

hehehe. Excited na akong magsimulang magwork bago kong munting lungga. :)

Beng said...

Hi Myepinoy, oo nga. Konti na lang, mararamdaman ko na ang ginhawa. BTW, could you give me an idea who you are?

Hi Ives, pag settled na tayo, ituloy na natin ang date. :-)