Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nang, my pretty sis

That's how Nang identifies herself when she makes a comment on my blog, my pretty sis. Of course, my two other sisters will probably disagree but since they seldom visit this site, I just have to let Nang, my eldest sister, claim that honor. But before I continue, let me come to her defense and say that she is not in any way conceited. We siblings are just a funny, playful bunch.

Of all my siblings, she's the one who first knew about this blog. I can't recall how I told her, most probably over the phone. But ever since, I'd be thrilled whenever I'd see her leave a comment. These comments are few and far in between but nevertheless, I know she's reading. Sometimes she'd confirm about something I wrote over the phone, or through our occasional email exchanges. I guess it's one of the greatest benefits of blogging--that connection you make with people. People you otherwise won't be able to get in contact with through conventional means. Some people you don't see everyday--like friends far away, and like thousand-miles-away Nang. Especially like Nang.

How I wish she'd get her own blog too. So I could read about what happened to her day. How Ian probably drove her crazy with his cute antics. How Noah charmed his way to her heart. How her date with her "Babs," my cool brother-in-law, went. If she had her own blog, I'd probably be her number 1 visitor. Well, maybe number 2, next to "Babs."

But since that day has yet to happen, I figured I'd just blog about her. Today I got an email from her saying that she'd give me Northwest 2K miles points in exchange for a post on her. She wrote it in jest and wouldn't have expected that I'd take her offer. Well, I did. Except that she doesn't have to keep her end of the bargain.

Hey Nang, my pretty sis.I can glady write a post for you--for free! See?! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope my sister would have a blog too. i love spending time with her. We forgot about the worries when I laugh and tell stories with her.

Beng said...

Maybe you could encourage her to get one. But while she's yet to do it, I hope she's finding time to visit yours. :-) Is she in Davao?

Anonymous said...

Hi Beng,

I didn't realize you'd take me up on my offer. I'm wondering now what you will do for me for 5K NW miles? Would you create me my own blog then? That will really be cool!
No, really, thanks for this. I do appreciate it. Chris and I enjoy reading your post every now and then.
Looking forward to seeing you in December (-:

Beng said...

Hi Nang, as I discovered, Northwest doesn't allow people to give miles to each other. But surely, if you want to get your own blog, I can help you with it. But maybe you're just joking. :-) December--yes, I hope I could decide soon about December. Would love to see you all again. That could be my birthday and Christmas gift to myself.