Saturday, April 29, 2006

All about days

Twenty-five days. This is the longest time I’ve waited since the last entry I wrote (not counting the Peanuts comics strip I’ve posted). I hope my fingers haven’t grown stiff with their under-exercise. I’m missing every nook and cranny of this spot in cyberspace so much that during idle moments, I’d relish in my mind the thought of blogging again.

Four days. That’s the number of days I’ve spent with my officemates during our annual company retreat last April 23-26. Ilocos, Bicol, Cebu, Boracay, Banaue—we’ve been to these faraway places before but this time, we hied off to somewhere nearer: Laguna. This year’s theme had me thinking about risking and trusting God more about the future; considering who my only comfort is; wishing He’d take me to higher ground in my spiritual life, career and personal life.

One day. This is the day I am waiting for. I am praying for the day when I could do more than just pay lip service and prove to God that I love Him. Wondering when I won’t use the currency of words anymore but pay Him the love He deserves with more of my time, energy and thoughts. Whether that happens here on earth or only when I get to heaven is only for Him to tell. All I know is that I’m waiting for this day.

I have a strong feeling there’ll be better days ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have never attended a retreat... but i wish i could really attend one... maganda daw ang feeling afterwards...

;-)

Anonymous said...

The retreat was a wonderful first-time-again retreat for me. The plenary with Dr. Tim Gener were really challenging. Our small group was talking about the struggle of everyday: everyday struggling to experience God as our reality and obeying Him, everyday struggling in single-minded focus to Christ, everyday struggling to yield all to the Holy Spirit. Challenging talaga. Here's to more retreats with OMF Lit!

Beng said...

Hi Karina, ours is a mix of serious soul-searching and serious fun. :-) Working in a Christian company affords us this benefit. Sana you'd get to be in a retreat someday too. :-)

Hi Ben, who would have thought we'd see you again in the OMFLit retreat?! Glad you came on board again. Yes, it was a wonderful and challenging experience. I'm still thinking about the messages from God through Pastor Tim. :-)