Saturday, April 29, 2006

fishy me

Yes, some nights I get fishy. The giant Styrofoam goldfish (now left rotting in a trash bin in Laguna) was a product of several trips to National Book Store, a few late-night sessions of cutting and taping, a couple of hours’ worth of brain activity and a big dollop of silliness.

For a publisher, we’re pretty much relaxed, don’t you think? Let this picture dispel all notions that we brood over books each time we meet. On the contrary, you’ll find us some nights disrobing of our normalcy, donning a
n alter ego and fluttering (or in my case, swimming) the night away.

I bagged the second prize of our Retreat Fun Night Costume Awards (the theme: creation) with the grand prize going to an officemate who came in as a tree (She wrapped her body in brown cardboard and used a green umbrella as her leaves). You might be wondering what would compel me to sweat it out looking this silly. Here's what: Seldom do I get the license to be outrageously playful, I might as well give it my all and enjoy the experience. And enjoy I did, not just mine but the costume of my equally creative and playful officemates!
[Temporarily curly me with Ian the angel, Lea the butterfly, Gladys the ladybug and Ate Glo and baby Nathan.]

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats Beng! I am very sure that you had fun doing your costume... but why a fish? just wondering :- )

Beng said...

Well, it had something to do with a fish named Dory...:-) Next level na ang pagiging Dorian ko. haha.