Monday, November 21, 2005

the new kid on the block. . .

. . . is a girl.

I was never good at Math but it's inevitable that I do some division. You see, my Tita-Beng-heart, once divided into five to make room for five nephews, should now be divided into six. The occupant of the additional room is a 6.5-lb. niece who moved in last November 15.
The miracle of birth is one of God's greatest. So I wasn't with Moses' group to see the parting of the Red Sea, didn't see Lazarus come out his tomb when Jesus called him out. But I need not have been there during those times to believe in the awesome display of God's power. For I am a woman of simple faith. Just the wonder of birth is enough to blow my mind away.

So here I am, still smiling, at the remembrance of a baby--still wrinkly, with eyes shut, fragile and helpless baby. My sister Chayen and her husband Regie's baby. Awesome.Hello to dolls and ribbons. Hello to frilly dresses and everything pink. And hello to you, Sophia Maureen. Feel at home in my heart. Welcome to my life.

*I finally had a picture with Sophia. Here she is, barely two months old. Taken January 8, 2006.

10 comments:

kars said...

",)

you're the second blogger i knew who is now a proud tita of a new baby.

",)

Olive Joy said...

congratulations tita beng!

Beng said...

Thanks Karina and Olive. When her features are more obvious, I'll post a picture of her. :-) Yes, I am one proud tita crazy about these angels without wings.

Jen said...

Congrats Beng! I only have one pamangkin... a niece... and she is so kikay! I know you will enjoy spoiling her :- )

Beng said...

Hi Jen, I am so excited about spoiling her. Now I don't have to look at trucks, and balls, and blue shirts. I can finally buy clips and headbands, skirts and bags! :-) And she's just here in the Philippines!

Nechie said...

wow! tell Chayen congrats! and congrats to you too. can't wait to see their baby girl. =)

Anonymous said...

wow, a baby girl! congrats to your sis and brod-in-law. :-) sometimes i forget my kids are all boys, so when i go to sm girls department and check the newest kikay items, i end up buying the hair pins and ribbons for myself or my yaya:-). congratulations, tita beng! i'm sure sophia maureen will be proud of her tita beng. i had the same feeling when my now 23-yr old niece was born, kaya lang i had to compete with my 6 other sisters for her attention. my husband said there's a different feeling about being a dad to a girl. it's okey to say "daddy's girl", but a negative impression on "mama's boy". father cries on their daughter's wedding. sons daw can fight, but the daughter has to be protected by dad and kuyas.(we'll never know the real feeling,you know why. but i'm sure that my boys will protect me.) oops,sori,haba na, wala kasi akong sariling blog. see you soon, tita beng.

Beng said...

Hi Nechie, I hope one Sunday Chayen could go to VBC and show their baby to everyone. I'll send her your greetings.

Hi Gina, sayang nga at walang magmamana sa mga beauty trade secrets mo! But hey, you're the queen of the Jun Camus household--now what better role can you get than that?
Mag-blog ka na kasi! Sige na. Meron ka na agad sure na 2 visitors--si Jun at ako! Yes, will see you soon. :-)

Drifter said...

Hey Beng. I have five nephews and one niece. And how she enjoys it!! When she gets more gifts than the rest, my nephews would complain. But we conveniently say, "only girl siya e!". And they get it! You will have fun pampering her, I assure you.

Beng said...

5 nephews and 1 niece--just like me! Ayan, mas naexcite na tuloy ako. I wish she grows up na, old enough for her to be pampered by me. I'm looking forward to all the fun!