Monday, April 30, 2007

Today I am lusting after...

In the middle of my Monday workday, while trying to fix my table, I come across this old newspaper page, the lifestyle section of Business Mirror. My eyes dart down to the bottom of the first page with an article on "How-to's of camera phone photography."

My now-favorite phone brand, Sony Ericsson, is featured (more specifically the K800i). The model is a 3.2 megapixel camera phone, and incidentally, the first to carry the famed Cyber-shot brand.

I've called using other phones before--Bosch (back when only one-fourth of the population had cellphones. To this brand's defense, my blue Bosch once fell off the moving tricycle I was in. When I went down to pick it up, it was still working perfectly well, save for a few scratches). Then of course, the Philippine's staple brand, Nokia. From the lowly 3210 to the relatively more upscale 6600, Nokia became a faithful friend. With easy-to-decipher features and controls, who wouldn't be attracted to a Nokia?

But ever since I used my first Sony Ericsson phone, my present K600i, there's no turning back for me. This is an understatement, but I have grown to love and enjoy this phone. I've seen one of the bad guys in the most recent James Bond movie use my model and I felt mighty proud about it, notwithstanding that he used it to detonate a bomb.

I am now lusting after a new phone, the above-mentioned K800i. Aside from it having an expandable memory(which my K600i lacks), the seller for me is its high-resolution camera. Imagine having a decent camera in your bag which you can take out anytime to take pictures of a perfect rainbow in the sky, or a friend making funny faces, or of Sophia, my 1-year-old niece who might flash her smile on her non-cranky days.

The only problem, that is if I can consider it a problem, is that I already have a phone that works fine 90 percent of the time. When I bought it ten months ago, I promised myself I'd only replace it if it gets busted. The same principle I'm using in relation to my Tungsten E PDA, which is pushing three this year.

For now, I'd have to be content with my cute and functional SE phone. Sure, something better is out there. But then again, there's no rule which says I always have to get what I want. I'm okay with it, really. :)

But the second my present phone dies on me, at least I know what to find.

4 comments:

Swipe said...

ah! but by the time your phone gets busted there will be a new one out that you will be lusting after.

My trusty SE S700i has been with me for over two years. It'll be three this December. I've dropped it several times and I've actually stepped on it once while I was playing badminton. How good is that?

I've been hankering for a new SE since the walkman branded ones came out and then now the cybershot ones are out as well. I think I'll replace is when they come out with a SE walkman-cybershot phone. hehehehe

Beng said...

Do think SE will really come out with a walkman-cybershot phone? Yun na lang ang hihintayin ko. haha, naexcite.

Have dropped my phone a couple of times already too and so far, it hasn't sustained any major "injuries" yet.

Thanks for the geeky interaction. Hope you'll do well in your upcoming CPA exams.:)

Jen said...

Beng, I know where to buy the cheapest K800i. Sa megamall. Saw it yesterday and I am truly, totally lusting after it: - ). Hay. It's only 17thou somthing. Okay na sa akin ang K, without the W. :- )

Unknown said...

hey beng, maine got me a k800. i have all that i need! text, calls, and a digicam! don't expect powerful zoom options of course! but then, it's really nice having it.