Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Poem for Ian


Once there was a boy named Ian
Who loves to laugh and have fun
He likes his ice cream vanilla white
And with his necktie is quite a cool sight

He’s the sweetest boy you’ll ever meet
How could I tell, you might think
With his skinny arms he’d hug me tight
And ask if he could stay by my side

He’d say out of the blue, “I love you”
Now if you were me, what would you do?
What else but smile and wonder out loud
How of him his parents must be so proud

Over the phone I ask him one day
“May I come on your birthday?”
He says, “Okay, just ride a big airplane”
Now, if it were only that simple and plain!

So I’m giving him this poem instead
He’d be thrilled upon seeing our picture posted
“Ian, as you turn six today, stay as cool and sweet
Of all the Ians in the world, you’re my favorite!”

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, Ian!

4 comments:

sillyserious said...

Wish i had a poet for an aunt! :) keep "versing" beng.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tita Beng, thank you for the presents you gave me (those were cool neckties). I wished you here today. I can still remember when we were sitted next to each other in the van going to Ninang Rae's house last Christmas. I miss you.
Lastly, thanks for this nice poem. I love you Tita Beng. You're my favorite too (-: Love, Ian

Beng said...

Aleks, you might not have a “poet” for a Tita but you have a “poet” for a friend. :-)

Beng said...

Hi Ian, I hope you wear the neckties. I will never tire of giving them to you so you’d always look “cool.” Hope you had a great birthday. I miss you a LOT!