Sunday, August 21, 2005

Thinking of Seven

Seven things that scare me
1. Getting a really bad haircut
2. Mice / rats
3. Offending people, especially those who mean a lot to me
4. Missing a deadline/failing at my responsibilities
5. Losing my students’ respect because of a bad choice(I teach a College Sunday School class)
6. Reckless driving (that’s why I don’t drive)
7. Breaking God’s heart

Seven things I like the most
1. Talking with my nephews
2. Reading a good book in my bed, on the bus, in front of a hotsprings in Banaue (anywhere, actually!)
3. Watching a good movie
4. The privilege of making a difference through what I do
5. Making people smile/laugh
6. Having unhurried, meaningful conversations with friends (usually one-on-one)
7. Listening to music

Seven important things in my room
1. Bed
2. TV
3. Pillows
4. CD player/radio
5. Books
6. Drawers where I keep all my stuff
7. Me when I’m inside(Hehe!)

Seven random facts about me
1. Kabalo ako mag-Bisaya, di ako mabaligya
2. I share a Christmas birthday with a twin brother
3. I enjoy surprising people with unexpected treats
4. I’m nocturnal but not insomniac
5. When I order chicken, I specify to give me any part except the leg (ma-masel kasi. Lagi kasing naglalakad ang chicken. Explain ko na lang sa inyo ng personal kung gusto ninyo)
6. I can delay gratification
7. I can trust God even when things do not make sense

Seven things I plan to do before I die
1. Join the Palanca and win
2. Take a short course at a culinary school
3. Love like I have never loved before
4. Have a family and put my cooking, budgeting, child-rearing and other skills to use
5. Tell all my loved ones about Jesus
6. Go to Israel and see where Jesus walked
7. Discover all I could about God and give Him all the love, praise, service I am able to give

Seven things I can do
1. Sing
2. Cook
3. Teach
4. Use different voices when storytelling to kids
5. Risk looking silly just to have fun (I once made and wore a giant watermelon slice costume during our fun night in our company retreat!)
6. Go to an unfamiliar place on my own
7. Be faithful to God, my calling, the one I will choose to love

Seven things I can’t do
1. Act
2. Bike
3. Dance
4. Drive (I can drive pala but I won't)
5. Swim
6. Eat balut
7. Deliberately disobey God

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. Love for God
2. Strength of character
3. Ability to communicate
4. Gentleness and kindness
5. Sense of purpose
6. Wit
7. Hair

Seven things I say the most
1. Talaga?
2. Shocks!
3. Ngii!
4. Kiss muna! (said only to my nephews. Well, at least, for now. Hehe!)
5. Gusto mo ng ________ (fill in the blank with whatever I have at the moment)?
6. OK lang
7. Yaiiks!

Seven celebrity crushes
1. Philip Yancey (What a brain!)
2. Jim Elliot (kaya lang patay na siya. Pero gusto ko pa rin siya, based on what his wife tells about him)
3. Jerry Yan (kaya lang di ko siya maintindihan)
4. Piolo Pascual (kaya lang di siya book reader)
5. Steve Martin (he’s so funny!)
6. Beast of Beauty and the Beast (I love the way he shed off his rough exterior, figuratively, and loved her)
7. Donald Duck (just to make a list of seven)

Seven people I want to take this quiz
1. Gina
2. Jenny
3. Karina
4. Pstr. Bong
5. Nechie
6. Olive
7. Anjou

To Ivy and Aleks, I had a great time reading your lists (and learning more about you) too!:-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you erased my name in number 7, ha? Gotcha! Hehe.

Pastilan Beng, bisaya pud diay ka? Karon lang ko kabalo. :-)

- Alan

Beng said...

Hi Alan.I figured I'd just ask those currently blogging.Kahiya nman,bka mapressure ka to make a new blog 2 write d list.But since you knew abt it,sige,I'l be expecting your list of 7 pag nagblog ka ulit.:-)

bijoi said...

wow te beng. nice to know malakas pala ako sayo! yehey *talon, talon*

Jen said...

sige... will try to answer... this is nice... will make us get to know each other better

Anonymous said...

i'm finished. ",)

Beng said...

Hi Ives, just took me some time to answer it. Having problems with my laptop and this incredible workload, as you know. :-)

Hi Jen, I'll be waiting for your sevens. :-)

Karina, I saw your answers. Funny what things we have in common. Thanks for answering. :-)

Nechie said...

kabalo ka rin ng bisaya? kasabot ako, pero gamay lang. barok pa. hehehe

Anjou said...

I'm done... thanks for sharing!