Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fun Saturday

Yesterday, my sister Nang (more on her in future post/s) and I braved the snowstorm to go to NY. Two seats were waiting for us to be filled at the Marquis theater in Broadway. And two minutes before The Drowsy Chaperone, the musical within a comedy, start did we arrive.

It was hilarious and entertaining. I wonder how long actors rehearse before they can deliver flawless performances at Broadway. Incidentally, Lea Salonga is playing Fantine in another theater within the area. While walking along the snow-carpeted streets, I saw this poster which simply said: "She's Back." And then below the two words is the image associated with Les Miserables. [I wondered then if she was actually referring to Lea and today, that hunch was confirmed when I saw it splashed in a Philippine-American newspaper, with a reference to her underneath. Wow. Her presence was enough to make people come. She had that great drawing power. I am proud to be pinay. :)]

After a very late lunch at Pongsri, a Thai restaurant, we were walking towards the Port Authority when I saw this three-storey shop: M&M's world. Needless to say, we just had to go inside. Right across is the Hershey's store but it was boring compared to this shop. I never saw so many M&M's--and in every color imaginable (black, lavender, pink, aqua--name it!)--and other M&M's products under one roof. I could live here. Health-conscious people would advise: Eat your greens. In that case, I'm taking their advice. I won't mind eating all the green M&Ms here.

4 comments:

Gypsy said...

Uy, Beng, anobayan, hanggang States ba naman, Thai resto pa rin pinupuntahan mo. Hehe. I didn't know you like it so much. Sana you took a photo of that Leah-Les Miz "she's back" poster. Great to know you are having fun--and be careful of those M&M's! Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Paradise for you! Hehe, wow, "relaxing" also to be in the presence of chocolates (aside from kids). Really, how many colors of M&M's are there? I read the history of Crayola in the net, and how they came up with all the names of the colors. I wonder if M&M's colors have histories, too.
(That's green, leafy vegetables, Beng. Hahaha! Wala namang Kuya Jojo na nagbabantay dyan!)

Beng said...

Hi Jojie, si Nang ang may choice ng Thai resto. Sino ba naman ako para tumanggi? hehe. Yeah, I should've taken a picture. At first I wasn't sure yet that it was really referring to Lea.

Hi Ben, I didn't check how many colors were there. Yeah, buti walang Kuya Jojo. haha.

PS: I am writing Noah's name here coz he's on my back and requested that I write his name. hehe. :)

bijoi said...

PINK M&Ms? Inggit ako!!!!!! hahaha